Hello and welcome to my prepping and survival blog!
I believe that being a “prepper” aka “survivalist” shouldn’t be about planning for an end of the world as we know it type of event only, but also about planning for things like becoming financially stable though frugality, investing, and side hustles, taking care of our health through alternative medicine, sustainable homesteading, crime prevention, self-defense and home security.Our motto is “Live Better, Live Cheaper, and Survive When Things Get Tough” and helping you achieve that is my goal with this blog. We want you to live better, live cheaper and to be able to survive when things get tough.
My name is M.D. Creekmore and I’m a best-selling author and have articles published in American Survival Guide magazine, Survivalist Magazine and Backwoodsman magazine. I am also the author of four books including:
- The Prepper’s Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How It
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man’s Solution
- The Prepared Prepper’s Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
I’ve also been referenced by many online blogs and websites and I’m a regular contributor to LewRockwell. I have over 25 years homesteading and prepping experience and considered one of the nation’s top emergency preparedness experts.
Jack Spirko from the survival podcast says; M.D. Creekmore has some great information and insights on modern survival living.
I am a full-time survival author, blog writer, emergency preparedness consultant and editor of TheSurvivalistBlog.net.
This site is dedicated to helping you prepare for an uncertain future though prepping, frugal living, side hustles, alternative medicine and sustainable homesteading.
- I’m is a certified gunsmith.
- Certified in CPR / First Aid / AED.
- Completed FEMA courses “Leadership & Influence”, “Effective Communications” and “Are You Ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness”.
- Tennessee handgun training completed.
- KY Hunter Education Completed.
- Over 25 years hunting, trapping, outdoor and shooting experience.
- A dedicated student of military history and small unit tactics.
- A dedicated student of collapsed civilizations.
- I’m a second-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate.
- I’ve been homeless and lived in a tent for several months (Personal SHTF event and a learning experience).
- I lived completely off the power grid for over three years in a travel trailer.
- I’m a jack-of-all-trades handyman.
- I have over 25 years prepping experience.
- I currently, own and operate a three-acre homestead in Tennessee.
- I’ve been interviewed and consulted as a content expert for American Survival Guide Magazine.
- I’ve written articles for Survivalist Magazine.
- I’ve been mentioned in print and or online at Mother Earth News, Backwoods Home magazines, Fox News, the Alex Jones radio show and even the Huffington Post.
- I’ve also been referenced in hundreds of online blogs, forums, and websites and in several books by other authors.
There are at least one hundred and one blogs out there about prepping, survival and emergency preparedness. So why read The Survivalist blog?
What You Will Never Find Here…
You will not find armchair commando survival advice or advice that’s been pulled from a “doomer porn” novel by someone who can’t seem to tell the difference between fiction and reality.
I live what I write on a daily basis, and everything is tested and retested so you know it can be relied on to help you live better, live cheaper, and survive when things get tough.
Who Is This Site Not For?
- Those who only think about survival yet never get off the couch to do anything to prepare or learn needed skills.
- Those who think preparedness comes from buying the latest survival gear or gadget.
- Those who think the term “survivalist” is in any way connected to being a racist, extremist or other radical.
- Those who advocate violence of any kind against anyone unless it is to save your life or that of another.
- Those who think that prepping or survivalism is ONLY about surviving a total breakdown of society.
If any of the above describes you, then please move on because this website is not for you.
Please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter below – you’ll get exclusive, content that you cannot find here on the site as well as site updates delivered to your email inbox so you’ll never miss out on any of our free information.